COZY SINGLE-STORY HOME ON A CORNER LOT WITH NICE UPDATES! Enjoy the spacious kitchen offering great stainless steel appliances & rich cabinetry. Kitchen leads to the family room adorned with a vaulted ceiling, floor-to-ceiling brick fireplace & pretty wood flooring. Relax in the generously-sized master suite with a private bath & dual closets. Backyard offers a spacious covered patio, raised garden & separately fenced dog run with a storage building. Great location with nearby parks, shopping & entertainment options! NEW ROOF IN 2018!
Beds & Baths
Square Feet: 1,520
Type & Style
Property Type: Purchase
Architectural Style: Traditional
Community and Neighborhood Details
School District: Grand Prairie ISD
Elementary School: Dickinson
Middle School: Truman
High School: South Grand Prairie
Subdivision: Trailwood 06
This listing provided courtesy of North Texas Real Estate Information Systems ("NTREIS"). The information contained in this listings had not been verified by us or the MLS and should be verified by the buyer.
Last Updated: Dec 9th, 2021. Source: NTREIS
The city of Grand Prairie was first established as Dechman by Alexander McRae Dechman in 1863. Prior to then, he resided in Young County near Fort Belknap. The 1860 U.S. Federal Census - Slave Schedules shows an A McR Dechman as having 4 slaves, ages 50, 25, 37 and 10. Dechman, learned that he could trade his oxen and wagons for land in Dallas County. In 1863, Dechman bought 239.5 acres (96.9 ha) of land on the eastern side of the Trinity River and 100 acres (40 ha) of timber land on the west side of the river for a broken-down wagon, oxen team and US$200 in Confederate money. He tried to establish a home on the property, but ran into difficulties, so he returned to his family in Birdville before joining in the Civil War. In 1867 he filed a town plat consisting of 50 acres (20 ha) with Dallas County.
After the war, he returned to Birdville for two years before selling that farm in 1867 and moving to Houston, where yellow fever broke out, causing the family to settle in Bryan. In 1876, Dechman traded half his "prairie" property to the T&P Railroad to ensure the railroad came through the town. The railroad named the depot "Dechman", prompting its namesake to relocate his home from Bryan to Dechman. His son Alexander had been living in Dechman and operating a trading post and farm. The first church in the area was the Good Hope Cumberland Sabbath School, established in 1870 by Rev. Andrew Hayter. The church was later renamed West Fork United Presbyterian Church and remains an active church.
The first U.S. post office opened in 1877 under the name "Deckman" rather than "Dechman", because the U.S. Postal Service couldn't read the writing on the form completed to open the post office. Later that same year, after the Postal Service had adopted the "Deckman" name, confusion resulted from the T&P Railroad designation "Grand Prairie". This name was based on maps drawn from around 1850 through 1858 that labeled the area between Dallas and Fort Worth "the grand prairie of Texas". In order to alleviate the confusion, the Postal Service named the post office "Grand Prairie".
The town of Grand Prairie was eventually incorporated as a city in 1909. During World War I and since, Grand Prairie has had a long history with the defense and aviation industry. While the present-day Vought plant on Jefferson Avenue is part of a small strip within the Dallas city limits, it was originally in Grand Prairie. During World War II the North American Aviation Plant B produced the Consolidated B-24 Liberator and the P-51C and K Mustang variants. After the war, Vought Aircraft took over the plant. This later became Ling Temco Vought (LTV) and then eventually returned to the Vought moniker. The plant was the production site for the F-8 Crusader and the A-7 Corsair II aircraft of the 1950–1989 time period. The LTV Missile and Space division produced missiles such as the Scout and MLRS. This division was eventually sold to Lockheed Martin, which continues to operate in Grand Prairie. Grand Prairie was also the North American headquarters for Aérospatiale Helicopter. This company eventually became Airbus Helicopters, Inc., the U.S. subsidiary of Airbus Helicopters.
In 1953, the mayor and city council of Grand Prairie attempted to annex nearly 70 square miles (180 km2) of then-unincorporated and largely undeveloped land in southern Dallas and Tarrant counties. Vehement debate ensued, and the legal pressure from cities like Arlington, Duncanville and Irving wound up overturning part of the annexation attempt.
Lucy is a Full-time Real Estate agent who is the happiest when helping people. At JP and Associates Realtors, she assists buyers, sellers, and investors in the entire home-buying process, making sure that they receive the absolute best service possible. She was born and raised in the Dallas area, so she is well versed in helping people find the right neighborhood of the city that is most compatible with their lifestyle. Lucy has had a lifelong interest in real estate, and has worked on several home rehab and new build projects with her family. Prior to pursuing her passion for Real Estate, Lucy had a successful 17 year career in the Health Care Industry. She has always dedicated herself to giving people excellent service and ensuring that they are delighted with the results and the experience of having worked with her. In her free time, she enjoys spending time with her 3 boys, supporting their sports activities, and enjoying hot Yoga!